Welcome to our employee spotlight series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun!) with our favourite team members at BusinessMobiles.com. The next one on our list is one of our amazing Sales Consultants, Ricky.
1. How long have you worked at BusinessMobiles.com?
I’ve worked here for almost 6 years now.
2. What does your job entail?
My job entails a number of things. Calling and meeting potential clients to discuss and organise Mobile Solutions for their company, discuss options over the phone, building quotes to find great solutions for the company as well as being profitable for BusinessMobiles.com. As well as managing existing clients, dealing with their day-to-day requests, whether that be adding new lines, tidying up any issues that arise, being the bridge between them and the Networks. So I’m literally on the phone most of the day, which also entails cold calling new clients to add to our database.
3. What part of your job gives you the most personal satisfaction?
Obviously making money, but also knowing that the client signed with me, because of me, and the way in which I proposed the deal.
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
Never give up. As long as you adopt the right approach, the door is always open. And also try to be an open book.
5. What is your motto in life?
If you do good things, good things will come your way.
6. What model was your first mobile phone?
Motorola Flip ( I think).
7. Are you team Apple or team Android?
8. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
Taking the kids out for fresh air and a good walk. Playing a little football with my 2 boys, and bike riding with the wife. It’s literally just family life for me. Cooking for the kids, keeping as healthy as possible.
9. What did you want to become when you were young and why?
A football agent. I loved football but was never good enough and thought this was a great avenue into football life.
10. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor and why?
Bob Marley. He only needs a few words to put everything into perspective. I believe he was heaven sent and has the insights of a prophet. He realises that riches of the heart are more important than material goods, which is what I’m all about.
11. What’s the best place you visited and why?
Alligator Pond-Jamaica. Jamaica is where I’m from, and this little magical place is where we used to go to buy fish from the local fisherman, spend the day in the river and the sea. It’s where the river meets the sea. I love seeing the local people in their environment, rather than being at a resort.
12. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
13. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
To end all forms of child cruelty and exploitation around the world, and bring all the guilty parties, especially the elites, to justice for all the world to see.
14. Name one thing from your bucket list?
African Safari, to see some real lions at work.
15. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Pay off my mortgage, and whatever family mortgage I could afford to pay off.
If you want to learn more about Ricky or ask him any questions about his position here at BusinessMobiles.com, connect with him on LinkedIn.