Welcome back to our employee spotlight series where we get up-close and personal (and have some fun!) with our favourite team members at BusinessMobiles.com. The next one on our list is our wonderful HR Executive, Charlie.
1. How long have you worked at BusinessMobiles.com?
I have worked at BM.com for just over two and a half years.
2. What does your job entail?
When people ask what my job entails, my usual answer is ‘What doesn’t my job entail?!’ My main focus is on HR and keeping these employees on the straight and narrow, but I pop into pretty much every department to lend a hand whenever it is needed!.
3. What part of your job gives you the most personal satisfaction?
I love being praised for my efficiency; it’s so satisfying to be given a task and getting it done quickly and to a high standard. I also love the feeling you get after having a manically busy day, where you feel like you’ve achieved so much and have earned a big sleep!
4. What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
The best career lesson I’ve learned is to be very very very flexible; that’s how you make yourself indispensable.
5. What is your motto in life?
My motto is ‘Life is beautiful and I have time’. It helps calm me down if I’m ever feeling anxious or overwhelmed.
6. What model was your first mobile phone?
My first mobile phone was the obvious Nokia 3310.
7. Are you team Apple or team Android?
I have always been staunchly team Apple, although the new violet Samsung S21 is catching my eye a little…
8. What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
When I’m not working, I love to read (last year I read 53 books #humblebrag), drink wine and build Lego with my boyfriend.
9. What did you want to become when you were young and why?
When I was little, I wanted to be one of the Princesses at Disneyland, probably Belle because I’m a brunette and look great in yellow! I love dressing up and I’m really good at fake smiling 😉
10. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor and why?
If I could choose anyone as a mentor, I would pick Dionysus, the Greek god of wine and ritual madness. He knew how to live.
11. What’s the best place you visited and why?
The best place I’ve ever been to is Queenstown, NZ. It’s like a Pokémon town, it’s such a happy place and the air feels so clean and pure. New Zealand in general is amazing.
12. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
The one thing I couldn’t live without is my sisters, but I guess technically they are three things ha! We call ourselves the Wombmates and have been really close all our lives; they are my go-to for absolutely EVERYTHING.
13. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The superpower that I most covet is the ability to fly; I would save so much money on flights and so much time avoiding airports, plus my Dad lives abroad so seeing him would be a lot easier!
14. Name one thing from your bucket list?
Something that is on my bucket list is to skydive off a hot air balloon. I have my skydiving A License and 20 jumps under my belt so I need to get a lot better before I’m allowed to do that!
15. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
If I won the lottery, my first purchase would be an Aston Martin DB9 in British Racing Green, for my Dad.
If you want to find out more about Charlie, or ask her any questions about her position here at, connect with her on LinkedIn.