Apple revealed the new iPhone 12 series last September during their much-awaited launch event. The four new models were released in October/November 2020.
Now, what you’re wondering is: what’s new with this iPhone 12 Series and why should you upgrade? It can be confusing to choose between these four models…. So, keep reading this article because I’m going to help you to make your decision!
What’s new in the iPhone 12 Series?
The major novelty in Apple’s new handsets is the 5G capability! (Finally!) This brings super-fast browsing, download and streaming in more places because iPhone 12 has the broadest 5G coverage worldwide!
On all four models, the A13 Chip has been replaced by a new A14 Bionic chip which is the fastest Chip in a smartphone.
The design of this series has been revisited with flat edges (going back to early iPhones) and a new Ceramic Shield on the front of the device which enhances the drop performance by four times. And for the first time, Apple has introduced OLED displays across the iPhone lineup with more screen space and resolution.
Moreover, the handsets are now water-resistant to a depth of 6 metres for up to 30 minutes (In comparison to 4 metres for up to 30 minutes for the iPhone 11 Pro Max).
One of the new camera-related features is support for Dolby Vision which is a professional HDR format (high dynamic range) that offers better colour reproduction and greater lighting ranges than standard format when recording videos. Apple has also improved their Night Mode Camera using a new scanner called LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging). Speaking of the camera, the last point is a new Zoom feature with up to 5x optical zoom range.
What’s different between the four models?
– Size: The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro keep the regular 6.1” display size as the precedent iPhone 11. For the first time, Apple introduced a “mini” model of 5.4” which makes the iPhone 12 mini the world’s smallest, thinnest, lightest 5G phone. Last but not least, the iPhone 12 Pro Max has also been reinvented to be the biggest one with a 6.7” display (compared to the 6.5” iPhone 11 Pro Max).
– Colours: Just like the iPhone 11, the iPhone 12 (and 12 mini) are available in a vast array of colours: Black, White, Product Red, Green, Blue whereas the Pro and Pro Max only 4 colours: Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue.
– Camera: The front camera on the four models is identical: 12MP TrueDepth. The Rear camera, on the iPhone 12 (and 12 mini) is equipped with a dual 12MP camera system (Ultra-Wide and Wide). The Pro and Pro Max, a tripe Pro 12MP camera system (Ultra-Wide, Wide, and Telephoto). These last two are also built with a new scanner for better Night Mode photos and an improved optical zoom (4x and 5x).
– Battery life: Another difference here, is the battery life that we will compare by video playback length. The iPhone 12 mini has a battery life of 15 hours, the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro: 17 hours
– Price: This series has varying prices depending on the model and the storage from £699 to £1399.
Compare all iPhone devices in detail HERE
Which one should you choose?
Well… it depends on your preferences! The line-up last year has been a good surprise. If you’d like a smaller and more affordable device to take care of your daily activities, the iPhone 12 mini may be a suitable option for you. Pick the iPhone 12 If you prefer a regular size and powerful phone.
However, if you’d like something more pro for taking amazing pictures and videos, the iPhone 12 Pro would be the best solution. The iPhone 12 Pro Max will be very popular to big-screen lovers who use their smartphones to watch series for example.
BusinessMobiles.com has been offering Business phone contracts for 22 years to more than 20,000 UK customers. We are working closely with all major networks (EE, Three, Vodafone and O2) to offer the best business mobile deals in the market: iPhone, Android, iPads, Broadband & SIM Only, we’ve got what you need for your business! VIEW DEALS >>