A sleek and sexy looking modern Business Mobile phone with a whopping 5 megapixel camera!
The new N82 shares pretty much the exact same feature set as the Nokia 95 including a massive 5 megapixel camera – the main differenec is simply the housing and the cheaper price tag which hopefully broadens the phones appeal…
A massive screen, Bluetooth Technology, Email, MMS, SMS, Instant Messaging, an MP3 Player, Camera, Video recorder and FM Stereo radio - all squeezed into a ultra slim, beautiful stainless steel finish.
Following on from the N95 which was the best selling phone in 2007, the N82 is quite possibly the best camera in a mobile phone on the market – N95 aside – with a 5 megapixel camera (with autofocus and xenon flash) and it also features GPS navigation, a superb screen, high-speed 3G, WLAN, a huge memory, etc, etc….
5 megapixel camera
Multi media player
A 2 Gbyte memory card
HSDPA for accelerated 3G connectivity!!
Although they look quite different, the specifications of the N82 and N95 are so nearly identical, that we suggest you read more here on the Nokia 95 page! Rather than simply repeating all of the things that we mentioned on the N95 Review page…
Lets see what the main differences are between the N82 and N95.
Probably the most significant difference is actually the price: the N82 should retail for around £150 less than the N95. That's a big difference and presumably reflects the fact that this is repackaged technology. The N82 has a different housing and the weight is slightly less, but not really enough to make any major difference.
We actually prefer the keypad of the N95 – because the N82 has fiddly little buttons - but with fewer "extra" buttons, the N82 arguably has a simpler user interface. The screen on the N82 is slightly smaller, but the phone itself is slightly narrower and slimmer too.
One last difference is that the N82 only ships with a 2 Gbyte memory card, whereas the N95 comes with a 4 or 8 Gbyte card.
In summary: A cheaper and different looking version of the ever popular N95 – choose it on price and because you prefer the look. It has a massive Camera (but then again so does the N95!)
Features of the Nokia N82 include:
- Operating system: S60 software on Symbian OS
- 5 megapixel camera (2592 x 1944 pixels), autofocus, 6x digital zoom, Carl Zeiss Optics, Tessar lens, xenon flash, macro mode
- Video capture: VGA, 30 fps, 4x digital zoom, MPEG4/3GP, Digital video stabilisation
- Video call: up to 120 minutes
- Front camera for video calling (352 x 288 pixels)
- Photo & video editors
- Display: TFT, 16.7 million colours, 240 x 320 pixels, 2.4", automatic screen rotation
- Assisted Global Positioning System (A-GPS)
- RealPlayer media player
- Digital music player: supports MP3/AAC/eAAC/eAAC+/WMA/M4A with playlists, OMA DRM 2.0/1.0 & WMDRM support for music
- Stereo FM radio (87.5-108MHz) with Visual Radio support
- Integrated stereo hands-free speaker
- Speaker independent name dialing and voice commands
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, E-mail (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3) with attachment support
- Internet: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA (3.6Mbps download), HTML web browser
- Quadband (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) plus 3.5G (WCDMA 2100 HSDPA)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB 2.0, WLAN (802.11 b/g), TV-Out, 3.5 mm stereo headphone port
- Nokia XpressPrint: direct printing via USB(PictBridge), Bluetooth connectivity (BPP), and WLAN (UPnP) or via online printing
Specifications of the N82
Size: 112 x 50 x 17 mm
Talktime: 190 minutes (3G)
Talktime: 260 minutes (2G)
Battery standby: 210 - 225 hours
Memory: 100 Mbytes plus hot-swappable microSD memory card slot (2 Gbyte card supplied)